Cancer Imaging Program
The Cancer Imaging Program promotes the safe and appropriate use of imaging in Ontario. It is an integral part of ensuring timely access to accurate diagnosis, and safe and high-quality care.
- Improve the quality of cancer imaging and optimize its safe use
- Improve patient access to cancer imaging
- Integrate cancer imaging into the cancer continuum
- Improve early detection and diagnosis
- Facilitate and accelerate evidence-based change
- Improve communication within the radiology community, and between radiology and referring physicians/front-line staff
- Oversee the PET Scans Ontario Program with an evidence-based approach; ensure timely access to PET scans is available to Ontarians for appropriate indications
- Develop and foster an Imaging Community of Practice by strengthening relationships and collaborating with other Cancer Care Ontario programs
- Develop and implement strategies to increase awareness among physicians of appropriate imaging referrals for cancer patients
- Identify and assess wait times and access for priority procedures, and develop an action plan to reduce wait times
- Lead the development of evidence-based clinical checklists and international standards for synoptic radiology reporting; implement the use of checklists in the clinical setting
If you have any questions or comments, email the Cancer Imaging Program.