- Are you looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity?
- Do you have recent experience with the cancer system as a screening participant, a patient or a caregiver to a family member or friend?
- Are you willing to share your perspective to make an impact on the healthcare system for all Ontarians?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, consider volunteering with us as an advisor.
During a time when I was giving up, being a Patient and Family Advisor restored my faith in the healthcare system. Working together and listening to each other helps make the changes that will benefit everyone. It is the future of healthcare.
—Lillian C., Patient and Family Advisor
You should apply if...
- you are passionate about making an impact in the Ontario healthcare system
- you offer a diverse and unique perspective and are comfortable speaking and writing in English
- you have experience serving on a work or volunteer committee
- you are comfortable collaborating and engaging in discussion and experience sharing
- you have recent experience within the cancer system or your active treatment ended within the last 5 years
Patient and Family Advisor
A patient and family advisor (PFA) is project-based and can be flexible to your availability.
For a detailed description of this role, go to About Patient and Family Advisors.
Patient and Family Advisory Council Member
A Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) member commits to 3 in-person meetings in Toronto per year with associated readings and working group meetings, over a 3-year term.
A public advisor role is project-based, and the time commitment depends on the project’s needs and the public advisor’s interests.
To learn more about public advisors, please email the CCO Advisors team.