Patient and Family Engagement and Experience Program
The Patient and Family Engagement and Experience Program works to assess, understand and improve the experience of people with cancer throughout their cancer experience. To inform this work, the program reviews patient, family and caregiver experience measures used in Ontario. This ensures decisions are based on accurate and relevant information.
The program aims to ensure that every patient can give feedback on their experience, access tools to navigate the cancer system and manage their own experience.
- Measure patient experience for accurate and relevant information to inform decision-making
- Enable healthcare quality improvements based on the needs, wants, and preferences of patients, families and caregivers
- Create patient experience measurement standards
- Develop patient experience measures across the cancer continuum
- Collaborate with strategic partners to implement a real-time measurement platform
- Improve reporting on and uptake of existing surveys, including the Ambulatory Oncology Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Develop tools to improve data use and to drive quality improvement