Drug Safety & Information
These documents for healthcare providers offer information about drug safety, administration and best practices.
Use the links in this list to view selected recommendations and clinical tools related to systemic treatment. For a full list of evidence-based chemotherapy guidance available on this website, go to chemotherapy guidelines & advice.
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Toxicity Management Clinical Practice Guideline
- 2018 CCO Beyond-Use Date Recommendations Report
- 2017 Safe Use and Handling of Oral Anti-Cancer Drugs (OACDs) in Community Pharmacy: A Pan-Canadian Consensus Guideline
- Best Practice Recommendations for Regimen Development and Maintenance
- Recommended Criteria of a Pre-printed Order (PPO): Oral Chemotherapy Take-home Prescriptions
- Clinical Verification of Cancer Drug Prescriptions Checklist: Cancer Centres and Specialty Pharmacies
- Enhancing Delivery for Take-Home Cancer Drugs
- 2016 CCO GCSF Recommendations Report (prophylaxis of febrile neutropenia in adult patients undergoing systemic treatment)
- 2013 CCO Antiemetic Recommendations
- Safe Handling of Cytotoxics
- Safe Administration of Chemotherapy: Safety During Chemotherapy Ordering, Transcribing, Dispensing, and Patient Identification
- Safe Administration of Systemic Cancer Therapy: Administration of Chemotherapy and Management of Preventable Adverse Event
- 2016 Systemic Treatment Computerized Prescriber Order Entry (ST CPOE): Best Practice Guideline for Intravenous and Oral Chemotherapy
- 2012 Computerized Prescriber Order Entry (CPOE) in the Outpatient Oncology Setting
- Dose Modification - Provides dosage modification recommendations for hematologic and non-hematologic toxicities.
- AI Induced Hypertension - Outlines the management of angiogenesis inhibitor (AI)-induced hypertension.
- Subcutaneous Rituximab Formulation Safety Considerations
- Liposomal Irinotecan Safety Reminder
- Kadcyla® Trastuzumab Emtansine Safety Reminder