Computerized Prescriber Order Entry (CPOE) in the Outpatient Oncology Settingenglish
ID: 12-14 May 2012
Type of Content: Guidelines & Advice, Evidence Summary
Document Status: Current
- What are the features, functions and components of a Systemic Therapy (ST) Computerized Prescriber Order Entry (CPOE) system that are required to ensure safe, highquality systemic treatment?
- Does ST CPOE decrease medication errors in chemotherapy prescribing compared to usual practice, and if so, what types of errors does it decrease?
- Does ST CPOE generate new errors, and if so, what types of new errors does it increase?
- What is the impact of ST CPOE on practice (e.g., workflow, workload, team communication)?
- What are the strategies that enhance or limit implementation of ST CPOE?
- What types of clinical decision supports are available, and are they effective or ineffective?
Summary (PDF) (1.57 MB)
Full Report (PDF) (518.66 KB)