Surgical Oncology Program
The Surgical Oncology Program ensures timely access to safe, high-quality care. It does this by continually improving the quality and accessibility of cancer surgery across Ontario. The program also engages surgeons in planning and quality improvement initiatives.
- Identify areas for quality and access improvement in cancer surgery
- Develop evidence-based and consensus-driven guidelines and standards
- Initiate knowledge transfer strategies and projects
- Create and support strategic funding initiatives for quality and accessibility improvement
- Measure and provide feedback on performance indicators
- Monitor cancer surgery wait times
- Implement multidisciplinary cancer conferences
- Implement clinical guidelines by engaging physician stakeholders in knowledge transfer activities
- Monitor and report cancer surgery wait times to ensure access to surgery is not compromised as volumes increase
- Facilitate the implementation of complex surgery standards for thoracic, hepato-pancreatic-biliary, gynecological and head and neck cancer
- Develop and administer cancer surgery funding models that link volumes to quality care
- Implement high-quality Multidisciplinary Cancer Conferences across Ontario to transform the culture of care; ensure a multidisciplinary team discusses all treatment options for individual cancer patients
Please do not send us your medical information – including healthcare number, diagnosis, treatment plans – or other personal information or attachments.
If you have any questions or comments, email the Surgical Oncology Program.