Patient Reported Outcomes & Symptom Management Program
The Patient Reported Outcomes and Symptom Management Program improves quality of life for patients and their families by integrating a person-centred patient-reported outcome measurement system into routine clinical care. This enables patients to report symptoms in real-time, improve clinical response and engage patients in self-care.
This program allows patients to report on many types of care, including cancer and musculoskeletal care.
- Strengthen partnerships through continued engagement in patient-reported outcome selection and implementation
- Standardize approach to identifying and implementing patient-reported outcomes
- Facilitate the uptake of patient-reported outcome through knowledge translation
- Develop and enhance technologies to support the implementation and uptake of patient-reported outcome
- Establish a formalized approach to evaluating implementation of patient-reported outcome
We develop tools and information for patients and healthcare providers to improve care every step of the way. These include:
- Your Symptoms Matter platform, formerly known as Interactive Symptom Assessment and Collection (ISAAC)
- Symptom management guides for patients
- Symptom management guides for healthcare professionals
- Evidence-based guidelines
We also bring together experts across all areas of care and administration to make these tools better and expand their use through the Ontario Cancer Symptom Management Collaborative.