Drug Safety & Administration
These documents for healthcare providers offer drug safety and administration information.
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Toxicity Management Clinical Practice Guideline
- 2018 CCO Beyond-Use Date Recommendations Report
- 2017 Safe Use and Handling of Oral Anti-Cancer Drugs (OACDs) in Community Pharmacy: A Pan-Canadian Consensus Guideline
- Best Practice Recommendations for Regimen Development and Maintenance
- Recommended Criteria of a Pre-printed Order (PPO): Oral Chemotherapy Take-home Prescriptions
- Clinical Verification of Cancer Drug Prescriptions Checklist: Cancer Centres and Specialty Pharmacies
- 2016 CCO GCSF Recommendations Report (prophylaxis of febrile neutropenia in adult patients undergoing systemic treatment)
- 2013 CCO Antiemetic Recommendations
- Safe Handling of Cytotoxics
- Safe Administration of Chemotherapy: Safety During Chemotherapy Ordering, Transcribing, Dispensing, and Patient Identification
- Safe Administration of Systemic Cancer Therapy: Administration of Chemotherapy and Management of Preventable Adverse Event
- 2016 Systemic Treatment Computerized Prescriber Order Entry (ST CPOE): Best Practice Guideline for Intravenous and Oral Chemotherapy
- 2012 Computerized Prescriber Order Entry (CPOE) in the Outpatient Oncology Setting
- Dose Modification - Provides dosage modification recommendations for hematologic and non-hematologic toxicities.
- AI Induced Hypertension - Outlines the management of angiogenesis inhibitor (AI)-induced hypertension.
- Subcutaneous Rituximab Formulation Safety Considerations
- Liposomal Irinotecan Safety Reminder
- Kadcyla® Trastuzumab Emtansine Safety Reminder