Autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation for autoimmune diseases
ID: ES SCT-10 May 2019
Type of Content: Guidelines & Advice, Clinical
Document Status: Current
- To provide direction as to appropriate non-hematologic autoimmune indications for aHCT, focusing on three selected autoimmune diseases (MS, SSc, IBD),
- To potentially identify specialized resources, in addition to (or instead of) what is provided in the cancer system, to enable safe and effective aHCT for the three selected autoimmune diseases,
- To provide evidence to support programmatic decision making regarding indications for the three selected autoimmune disease.
All adult patients with MS, SSc, or IBD receiving aHCT were included.
Intended Guideline Users
The SSO and SCT Advisory Committee to inform planning of services for HCT delivery in Ontario.
- In patients with MS, is aHCT more effective than alternative therapies in halting disease progression?
- In patients with SSc, is aHCT more effective than alternative therapies in halting disease progression?
- In patients with IBD, is aHCT more effective than alternative therapies in halting disease progression?
Full Report (PDF) (761.2 KB)