Screening for Lynch Syndrome by Immunohistochemistry, BRAF Mutations Analysis, and MLH1 Promoter Methylation Analysis for Patients in Ontario with Colorectal or Endometrial Cancersenglish
ID: MOAC 3 Sep 2015
Type of Content: Guidelines & Advice, Evidence Summary
Document Status: Current
- For patients with CRC or EC, what is the evidence for using IHC testing to identify a) tumours that are MSI-H and b) tumours that are LS?
- How does IHC testing compare with MSI testing for identifying the MMR deficiencies characterizing LS in CRC tumours and endometrial tumours?
- For tumours that show abnormal MLH1 protein expression by IHC:
- How effective is BRAF V600E testing at differentiating between sporadic versus LS-associated CRC?
- How effective is MLH1 promoter methylation testing at differentiating between sporadic versus LS-associated CRC and EC?
- How effective is a combination of BRAF V600E testing and MLH1 promoter methylation testing at differentiating between sporadic versus LS-associated CRC and EC?
Full Report (PDF) (956.65 KB)