Drug Submissions for Manufacturers
This page is for drug manufacturers who need information on the cancer drug submission process.
Please do not mail cancer drug submissions to Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario) until further notice. Instead, submit a copy of your submission through our secure upload tool.
New Cancer Drug Submissions
If you are submitting to Canada’s Drug and Health Technology Agency, or you have been directed to file an Ontario-specific submission follow these steps:
- File a submission with the ministry’s Health Program and Delivery Division. This is required for new cancer drugs or indications intended for funding under any public drug funding program (e.g., the New Drug Funding Program or the Ontario Drug Benefit Program [including the Exceptional Access Program]).
- Submit a copy of the new drug submission to Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario) using our secure upload tool (see Submission Tool).
- For new cancer drug products approved by the ministry, sign a price disclosure agreement with Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario) before listing.
- Once the ministry has approved the product for funding, email the Provincial Drug Reimbursement Programs for further instructions.
Generic Cancer Drug Submissions
The New Drug Funding Program funds some injectable generic products indicated for the treatment of cancer. For your product to be listed with the New Drug Funding Program:
- You must file a submission with the Ministry of Health, Drugs and Devices Division. You do not need to submit a copy to Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario).
- For generic cancer drug products approved by the ministry, you must sign a price disclosure agreement with Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario) before listing.
- Once you receive the approval letter from the ministry, email the Provincial Drug Reimbursement Programs for further instructions.
Please use this tool to submit a copy of your submission for a new cancer drug product or indication.
You must have an account to use this tool. To request an account and login credentials, send us an email.
- Gather electronic copies of all documents supporting your submission.
- Go to our secure upload tool.
- Enter your username and password, and select “Continue.”
- Select “Drug Funding Submissions.”
- Browse to select a file to upload. To upload more than one file, click “Add” to browse for additional files. Once you have completed browsing and selecting all files, select the “Upload Files” button.
A message will appear on the screen to confirm your upload.
If you have submission-related inquiries or technical difficulties, please send us an email.