Surveillance Research Program
The Surveillance Research Program focuses on cancer research methodology. The program’s work informs public health priorities and policies by contributing to research evidence. We are experts in statistical modeling, study design, spatial analysis and data integration. Our main data source is the Ontario Cancer Registry.
- Investigate notable trends and patterns in cancer data to understand cancer risk factors, burden and outcomes
- Provide support and advice to researchers within and outside CCO
- Undertake research to investigate notable trends in data and test hypotheses inspired by data analysis
- Develop or implement population-based research methods to measure cancer burden and its risk factors to inform programs and progress in cancer control
- Work closely with the Ontario Cancer Registry, and collaborate with internal and external partners involved in cancer surveillance
- Provide advice and guidance on surveillance data, including statistical methods, epidemiology, study design and more
If you have questions or comments, email the Surveillance Research Program.