Prevention System Quality Index 2020 is the fourth report in a series focused on policy and program indicators to reduce cancer risk factors and exposures in Ontario.
The report includes 8 cancer risk factor and exposure domains:
- Healthy eating
- Physical activity
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Environmental carcinogens
- Occupational carcinogens
- Infectious agents
Highlights of the Report
- Provides evidence and data to help policy-makers, policy-influencers and program planners in governments, non-governmental organizations and local public health agencies put in place policies and programs to prevent cancer.
- Identifies achievements and gaps in cancer prevention, and highlights opportunities for improvement.
- Finds that some areas of cancer prevention show improvement. But more can be done to improve the health of people in Ontario so fewer develop cancer.
- Includes information on efforts to prevent cancer in Indigenous populations.