Person-Centred Virtual Cancer Care Clinical Guidance
The purpose of this document is to generate practice guidance to optimize the delivery of virtual cancer care amid the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
The scope of these recommendations ranges from selecting appropriate patients for virtual appointments, delivering diagnoses on virtual platforms, and executing treatment plans as well as follow-up appointments for patients in active treatment and/or on surveillance.
Intended Guideline Users:
This document provides guidance for use by:
- Oncology physicians
- Oncology nursing
- Psychosocial oncology and allied health professionals
- Primary care providers supporting cancer patients
- Healthcare administrators who plan the delivery of cancer service
- Which factors are essential for quality driven person-centered virtual cancer care?
- What are clinical & non-clinical patient characteristics that make a patient suitable for virtual cancer care?
- What are relative contraindications to virtual cancer care?
- How can virtual care be used and vary during the different stages in the cancer journey?