Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Data Submission Portal
The Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Data Submission Portal is a tool for Ontario hospitals to submit colonoscopy data. It is a primary source of data on the quality of the procedure across the province. The portal replaces the Colonoscopy Interim Reporting Tool. In the future, the portal is expected to expand to cover all gastrointestinal procedures.
All hospitals performing colonoscopies must participate by submitting data to the portal.
- Checks to ensure submitted files have valid format and content
- Provides information that will help these programs achieve their goals and expand their scope to include all hospitals across Ontario:
- Flexible, allowing us to make the changes needed in data reporting as we transition the primary screening test for colorectal cancer from the guaiac fecal occult blood test to the fecal immunochemical test
Types of Data
The portal contains information such as:
- facility identifiers
- patient identifiers
- procedure rationale
- interventions performed
How We Use the Data
We use the data to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of colonoscopy procedures performed in Ontario.
Colonoscopy data from the portal and other healthcare databases generates reports, including:
- Screening Activity Report
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Quality-Based Procedures reports
- Colonoscopy Quality Management Program reports
- Cancer System Quality Index
- Ontario Cancer Screening Performance Report
- Monthly ColonCancerCheck reports
We have extensive measures in place to protect the privacy and integrity of information during data transfer, storage and use. Find detailed information about these measures and policies on the CCO website:
For more information about the data submission portal, please send us an email.