Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Data Submission Portal
The Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Data Submission Portal is a tool for Ontario hospitals to submit colonoscopy data. It is the primary source of data on the quality of colonoscopy across the province. The portal replaces the Colonoscopy Interim Reporting Tool. In the future, the portal is expected to expand to cover all gastrointestinal procedures.
All hospitals performing colonoscopies must participate by submitting data to the portal.
Benefits of the Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Data Submission Portal
- Checks to ensure submitted files have valid format and content
- Provides information that will help the following programs achieve their goals and expand their scope to include all hospitals across Ontario:
- Flexible, so we can make data reporting changes as our programs evolve
Types of Data
The portal contains information such as:
- facility identifiers
- patient identifiers
- procedure rationale
- interventions performed
How We Use the Data
We use the data to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of colonoscopy procedures performed in Ontario.
We use colonoscopy data from the portal and other healthcare databases to generate reports, including:
- Screening Activity Report (SAR)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Quality-Based Procedures reports
- Colonoscopy Quality Management Program reports
- Cancer System Quality Index
- Ontario Cancer Screening Performance Report
- Monthly ColonCancerCheck reports
- Integrated Gastrointestinal Endoscopy reports
We have extensive measures in place to protect the privacy and integrity of information during data transfer, storage and use. Find detailed information about these measures and policies on the CCO website:
For more information about the data submission portal, please send us an email.