Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Program
The Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Program aims to strengthen the quality of pathology and laboratory medicine services across Ontario. Its focus is the screening and diagnostic components of cancer care. The program helps create a system for pathology and laboratory medicine providers to effectively and efficiently analyze samples. This ensures that treatment plans and patient care are based on accurate and timely pathology and laboratory findings.
- Strengthen quality and safety
- Strengthen planning and oversight for service delivery
- Increase integration of pathology and leverage pathology information to drive clinical management
- Develop standards and guidance to reduce practice variation and ensure high quality testing
- Engage providers in continuous quality improvement
- Provide advice and leadership to government and other stakeholders to inform system planning
- Provide leadership for the organization and implementation of molecular oncology services and personalized medicine framework
- Provide clinical advice and support for other CCO programs and strategic initiatives
- Advance policies to improve the collection, transmission and storage of pathology data to support patient care, planning and research
If you have any questions or comments, email the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Program.