A new test will be coming to Ontario to help people avoid getting cervical cancer. We are writing messages to tell people in Ontario about this new test. We are doing interviews to find out how to make these messages better.
On this page, find out who can participate, what happens during the interview and how to sign up.
Who can do an interview
You may be able to do an interview if you:
- are a woman, trans man or non-binary person, and have a cervix. The cervix is a body part that connects the uterus (womb) to the vagina (genital opening)
- are 25 to 75 years old
- live in Ontario
- speak English well enough to do the interview
- agree to be recorded during the interview
- agree not to share the materials that we give you with anyone
- have an address where you can get mail, and
- have a phone number where we can reach you
You cannot do an interview if you:
- have had cervical cancer
- work for the Government of Ontario or for a public sector organization funded by the Government of Ontario (for example, a hospital, college, university or school board in Ontario, or an agency like Ontario Health)
- have ever been a healthcare professional such as:
- someone who provides health care services, such as a doctor, psychologist or dental assistant, or
- someone working in environmental public health, health information management, medical laboratories or medical physics
- have ever worked in the areas of cancer care, cancer policy or cancer research
What will happen during the interview
Two of our female staff members will interview you for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. You can choose to be interviewed by phone or by videoconference.
You will be paid if you do an interview
You will get a $30 President’s Choice gift card to thank you for taking part in the interview.
Your privacy will be protected
Only the staff at Ontario Health (Cancer Care Ontario) working on this project will see your interview answers. The project staff must protect your privacy and are not allowed to show anyone your personal information.
Find out how to do an interview
There are 3 ways to contact us if you want to do an interview or learn more:
- Call 1-866-662-9233 toll free, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Fill out the following form and we will contact you
Mention the “cervical interview” when you call or email us. Please do not send any information about your health, such as your health card (OHIP) number, health conditions, treatments or other personal information.